SAFETY, TRAINING and INSTRUCTION
||WERRIBEE INTERNATIONAL SHOOTING COMPLEX INC.
Basic Firearm Safety Rules
1. Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction.
2. Handle all firearms as if they were loaded.
3. The trigger finger stays out of the trigger guard until the firearm is on target and the decision to fire has been made.
4. Make sure the firearm is in good working order and the barrel clear of obstructions.
5. Always check your target, backstop, and the surrounding area before firing.
6. Quality ear and eye protection should always be worn while shooting or observing.
7. When storing a firearm, the firearm should be unloaded, secured in a safe storage case and out of the reach of children and untrained adults.
8. Only use ammunition recommended by the firearm manufacturer and always check caliber and condition of ammunition before loading the firearm.
9. Firearm transportation is regulated by Federal, State, and local laws. Always transport your firearm in a safe, unloaded condition and in accordance with applicable laws.
10. Certain medications, alcohol, and firearms do not mix. Never allow anyone to use firearms when under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
11. The safe and rational use of a firearm relies on common sense and proper training of the user. Follow safety rules and think before using a firearm.
12. Thoroughly read and understand the users manual that is supplied with your firearm. Never use any firearm unless you completely understand its operation and safety features.
General Handgun Club Rules